There is this festival of German (especially Bavarian) culture that is so famous all around the world. Yes, Oktoberfest is held in many countries but to feel the real German culture you have to come to München.
So, the most important things to have and take for Oktoberfest:
- Somewhere to stay in München.
- A sleeping bag and a mattress just in case.
- Enough rest on previous days (sleep well and tight).
- Some.. I'm sorry.. MUCH money to spend on transportation, beer, food, souvenirs and other random things.
- Some stereotypes about German culture, Bavaria.
- And your wish to drink lots of good Bavarian beer!