Coldplay - Parachutes (July 10, 2000)

Talkin' about Coldplay with my friends today, I found out one thing: most of friends of mine didn't heard about them till "Viva La Vida..." Was so shocked, and decided to make a post about "the early years" of Coldplay: PARACHUTES.

While you're listening this album, you forget about your city, your job... So calm, so light, you can't find any song in there that can make you even dance. You only have to lay down on your bed and fall asleep after "Everything Not Lost".

So let's review each song of PARACHUTES:

1. Don't Panic. I dunno why, but Chris Martin had decided to make THIS song the opening one. It's one of the Coldplay's songs I can dismiss and make no mistake... Whatever, it's my opinion...

2. Shiver. Forget all of the words about the opening track, and you can listen to this song 2 or 3 times, and you'd not get tired of it... This song reminds me OASIS' "Listen Up": so sticky and "delicious"... ahh, forgot one thing: this song was their first single... *)

3. Spies. This song is the longest song on the album (after "Everything's Not Lost"). But you could not notice it... It's slow, it's long, but you'll be lookin' for your time that passed by you with the fantastic speed... Love the songs like this one...

4. Sparks. The best Coldplay's song ever... No comment...

5. Yellow. The song without any sense in a lyrics, but it's so good, it's so bright, so yummy... so YELLOW!!!

6. Trouble. The second bad song in this album, so pop, it's full of piano and overemotioned Chris' vocals, so disappointing... But if you want to get a full impression of PARACHUTES, don't "fast forward" this song and listen to it till the end...

7. Parachutes. A 46 seconds "spit" (love this word), but I think if this song was longer, even if it was 1 minute song, it'd be boring...

8. High Speed. My brother turned this song on when we were driving in his car at night. I felt how my brother's foot started to push the gear harder and harder... Dangerous song if you're driving in a car.*) If you are disappointed by tracks 1-7, this song will bring you back. Back to the earphones... Calm and fresh tune...

9. We Never Change. A bad song #3... It reminds me Oasis' "Sad Song", so simple, so sad (wow! *)), so primitive, and Chris' vocals are so pressing, so emotionally hard... I'd better go on reviewing... the last song, "Everything's Not Lost". I like it like I like (like to speak this way*)) "Sparks". This track is the longest in the album (7.16..), I never felt this time, I enjoyed the song, where all of "ingredients" are balanced and there's no "OVERs".

Whatever I said in this post, we should accept one thing: COLDPLAY had a good start, had a good growth, and have not so good (for me and not for all) present...

Love each other and don't forget about your mums... Love u so much...

In a bit... DOYS.


2 comments:

Manu said...

Very visual post! Thanks Doys!

p.s. but i love Trouble so much! :( i don't agree it's a bad song

Doys said...

tnx a lot... was sick this week, was in hospital, didn't post this Tuesday, but 29.09 is my day...